Sunday 11 March 2018

REVIEW: Broken Miles by Claire Kingsley







“What I really wanted was her.”

This trip home would be a hell of a lot easier if she wasn’t here.

Zoe. My ex-wife.

Fixing the broken finances of my family’s winery is a little below my pay grade. But if I don’t help, they might lose their land. The trouble is, she’s everywhere, and I can’t avoid her.

Seeing Zoe again dredges up feelings I’d rather ignore. Hurt. Regret. Desire. So much f***ing desire. She’s sassy and tough, and still the sexiest woman I’ve ever known. 

I shouldn’t want her like this. 

I let her go once, and I don’t deserve a second chance. But the more time I spend with her, the more I realize what we lost. What we could have again. 

It might be crazy, but crazy was always our thing. And this time, I’m not going down without a fight




Caroline's Review

⭐⭐⭐⭐



Great start to a new series! 

"I wasn't sure if forever would be enough time to get over Zoe."

Roland Miles has been divorced from his ex-wife for four years. He's seen her on and off over the years because she worked for his family's winery. He avoided going home as much as possible because his relationship with his family wasn't exactly easy. He's living his dreams as a top executive in the corporate world. He had no desire to be involved in the winery and had strived to get as far away from it as possible. However, a desperate call from his brother has him begrudgingly going home to fix their problem. What starts out as a couple days' work stretches into further days and weeks, as secrets are revealed, and old feelings rise to the surface.

"I'd once thought he was my soulmate. The person I was meant to spend the rest of my life with. Now we were basically strangers."

Zoe left Roland. It was the hardest thing she'd ever had to do and it pretty much broke her. Having him back in her life stirs old passions, and when things start getting blurry between them, she tries to hold on to her defences, as the reasons their marriage failed are still very much present.

"She was unraveling me, slowly but surely. I could feel it happening."

This was a gorgeous second-chance romance. Roland and Zoe's chemistry was sizzling! They both tried to fight it, as they'd never had issues in that department. I felt that this story was mainly about Roland's personal journey, as shocking revelations make him take stock of his life and have personal revelations of his own. He and Zoe were absolutely meant to be together, and I loved the rebuilding of their relationship, as well as the rebuilding of his relationship with his family.

This novel was also a solid introduction to the rest of the Miles clan and their family dynamic. I can't wait for his brother, Leo's story - I almost feel it might be something of a weepy. Fab start to a new series! 


Amazon UK: http://amzn.eu/4yMi9NE

Amazon US: http://a.co/iOCsMyv


No comments:

Post a Comment