Tuesday 14 November 2017

NEW RELEASE: Crowned by Hate by Amo Jones




Title: Crowned by Hate
Series: Crowned Trilogy #1
Author: Amo Jones
Genre: Dark Romance/Thriller
Release Date: November 14, 2017



Blurb

Some would say I have a privileged life. Daughter of the current President of the United States, wealthy, famous, and all things that some girls wish they had. 

Only I'd dream of having a simple life. A life where I wasn't marrying the scariest man I have ever met. Well, I thought I had just met him, but it turns out, there's so much I don't know about myself. That's all thanks to a past so twisted, so warped, that no amount of money, or presidential status could wipe it clean. 

I'm the rebel child. Or as some may see it, the disappointment. I’ve never cared about expensive wedding gowns, or how much someone paid for a tailored suit. I don’t care if your wedding dress is from Walmart, or if it’s from some fancy, upscale designer line. 

So why am I marrying the devil dressed in a thousand-dollar 
suit? 

I'm about to find out how I got here. To marrying one of the most powerful men in the country. The road to finding out, though, is paved with darkness, painted with the blood of innocents, and it leads my ass straight to hell. Only this hell is a multi-million-dollar penthouse suite in New York City where Bryant Saint Royal, sits on his throne. 


Caroline's Review

4.5 Stars


JESUS!! What the hell have I just read? My mind is kinda blown, right now. I almost feel like I need to start again and re-read from the beginning.

"They should call me wolf..."

It all starts off clearly enough. Isa Johnson lives in New Orleans - away from her father's shadow - he's the POTUS. She's the black sheep of the family. She recognises that she's messed up and she deals with her issues in her own way. She fulfills social obligations when she must, but otherwise lives her life how she wants. When she meets Bryant Royal for the first time, hate and lust zings betweens them. He is cold and brutal, and irresistible. And, he wants her. There is clearly a mystery about Bryant and what drives him. 

I thought this was a dark and riveting read. This author has such a twisty mind! The present day plot is intricate and thoroughly entwined with events from Isa's past, which we see as flashbacks.

"I have issues. Deep issues that I run away from by the temporary void sex gives me."

Isa is a somewhat complicated and sexual creature. She hides her insecurities under her strong and forthright manner, but Bryant brings out the submissive in her - borne out of both fear and helpless desire. Bryant is even more complex. He's closed off and hard to read. He's also brilliant and seemingly omniscient. The story is told mainly from Isa's POV but we get some chapters from Bryant's POV. He's certainly got an agenda of his own, but his feelings for Isa start to evolve.

It was only right near the end that I had a lightbulb moment - just before a stunning truth was revealed. I hate that I have to wait until the next book before I get any more answers!

Seriously, this book must be read. The writing and transitions in the timeline could be smoother in places, but the plot is so clever and gripping that you just want to gallop through the whole thing without pausing.









Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






Author Bio

Amo is a full-time writer from New Zealand who loves long romantic walks to the wine cellar. 

She loves to write like how she lives, hanging on the edge of insanity with a wine glass in one hand and her morals-or lack thereof- in the other.

Those are not my monkeys, I swear....
Oh those hellhounds? Yeah, those are mine.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment