Monday 28 August 2017

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Rebel by Rebecca Yarros


Rebel (The Renegades) by [Yarros, Rebecca]



Rebel by Rebecca Yarros


She’s Penna Carstairs. 
The Renegade they call Rebel. 
FMX-treme Magazine’s sexiest female athlete of the year.
There’s no rule in extreme sports she hasn’t broken,
No gender barrier she hasn’t demolished.

She’s the woman I met in a bar in Vegas.
The woman I illegally BASE jumped for.
The woman I spent one insane, incredible night with.
But now I’m screwed.
Or rather…not screwed.

Because the woman I can’t get out of my head is the one woman I can never touch again.
I’m Dr. Cruz Delgado—the youngest professor on this campus,
And Penelope Carstairs just walked into my class.

Each book in The Renegades series is a standalone story that can be enjoyed out of order. 
Series Order:
Book #1 Wilder
Book #2 Nova
Book #3 Rebel


Caroline's Review
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐



ADORED THIS BOOK!!

"The woman had a backbone of steel - I'd known that in the first moment I set eyes on her - but there was also something fragile about her, like all the armor she wore was held together by only a fraying string."

Penelope Carstairs AKA Penna AKA Rebel is one of the Original Renegades - daredevil extreme sports athletes with a clutch of X-Games medals under their belts. A traumatic accident has dented her supreme confidence, and she carries a truckload of guilt around on her shoulders for the way things happened. She's in Vegas looking to reclaim her mojo, away from her Renegade brothers, and in a fit of uncharacteristic faith, she ropes a hot, attractive stranger into helping her. She's never been so affected by any man before in her life.

"Cruz's blatant desire made me feel powerful, intrigued, and turned on - humming with sweet electricity."

Cruz Delgado is in Vegas on a last hurrah before he starts his new job. Penelope is like no one he's ever met before, and there's something broken about her that calls to him. He's lived his life very carefully in recent years, striving towards a particular goal, and he's within touching distance of his plans. Nothing will derail him from his course. However, the beautiful, tempting enigma that is Penelope has him teetering into dangerous territory - in more ways than one.

"How the hell was this possible? How was it that I'd found this extraordinary woman again only to have her completely off-limits?"

They only knew each other for one night. They only knew each other's first name. They were ripped apart without warning. When they saw each other again, there was no way that they could pursue what they had started.

"The anticipation. The war that silently rages in my body between what I want it to do and what it knows isn't safe. The way my stomach tightens and my heart starts to race. The moment the decision is still mine."

This was a stunning final book in this series. The first book, Wilder, won me over completely. Nova was well-written but I wasn't enamoured by the female character. However, Rebel, had my heart ABSOLUTELY MELTING!! Cruz and his Penelope were so connected and so damn gorgeous together! They had a soul-deep connection, and I loved the risks they were willing to take to be together. Their mutual desire was inexorable, passionate and tender. Penna is such a tough cookie - independent and stubborn, and more than capable of holding her own amongst the boys. I loved the way Cruz knew how to treat and handle her to bring out her softness. He understood her so well and was fiercely protective of her. He had so much on the line, yet he was willing to jeopardise all his plans to be with her.

"Impossible to be with you. Impossible to not want you. Impossible to stay the f*ck away."

I found their forbidden love story heart-thumping, thrilling, irresistibly sexy, and just so beautiful and perfect that I didn't want this book to end. Can't say enough good things about it. A must-read for 2017!!


No comments:

Post a Comment